Unity and Sony

Great news to hear that Unity is teaming up with Sony. I have to admit that this news is tempting me to drop XNA. I have heard so many good things about Unity and what it can do and how easy it is to make games with it. I stuck with the XNA because I wanted to finish Shiny Blade and have a project that is done under my belt. I have played around with Unity and their GUI is quite impressive with how easy it is to hook up objects and some small amounts of code and do a lot with it.

This week I have spent some more time on drawing some sprites. I also did a little coding. I made it so that when blocking you move at half speed. I also took a stab at some AI based on distances. I didn't have much success on the first go but it has been a busier week for me.

I also published an alpha build to get to a friend who wants to try some music. It was good to try that out and I look forward to some feedback.

I just want to say that I love my life. I have a great job during the day that teaches me a lot and helps me grow. I have a very understanding family that let's me spend some time in the evenings to try out coding and making projects.

Comments

Popular Posts