Motivation

Making games is hard.



I made a couple updates to Exo-Game and saw that I had written some code 390 days ago. It made me realize that I still have so much to learn. Sometimes that can be really daunting and overwhelming. Sometimes I feel like I'll never make it. Sometimes I feel guilty because I didn't put enough time into it.

One way I try to combat this is block out time every week where I just work on it anyway. This helps me have some dedicated time to work on projects, while also allowing me to not feel guilty if I don't work on it every day.

Another way to help fight these feelings is to go to local meetups. Luckily here in Utah we have an active game dev community. We have the IGDA, the Utah Indie Games Night, the UDEN, the Utah Games Guild, and the Utah Unity User Group. We have game jams, and other user groups and activities around. Sometimes it just helps to see people working on cool stuff for me. The people here are awesome and friendly.

What things help you stay motivated?

Comments

  1. This helps me stay motivated - http://rampantgames.com/blog/?p=5332

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts