Jump Start on Unity

I watched a helpful video on Unity from the Microsoft Virtual Academy. http://www.microsoftvirtualacademy.com/training-courses/gaming-engines-for-windows-8-jump-start
Nice terrain built in a few clicks.




It was really fun to have a crash course on it that showed more of the ins and outs for me. Following along I was able to create a nice terrain easily. I was really impressed with the water effects and easy to build trees right out of the box from this. The reflections look awesome and the movement was great.
Simple to add water.
I recently upgraded a laptop to Windows 8.1 and Visual Studio 2013 RC and I got XNA working in it. I keep thinking about finishing Shiny Blade up just to have it done. Unity has been fun to try and learn though. I haven't quite caught everything I want to know from it and these crash courses seem helpful.

Microsoft seems keen on having people use Unity also. They are pushing a lot of these videos and the feature of building to windows 8 from Unity. Seems like a great tool to use and I've enjoyed it so far.

Higher view of the pool I added.

Comments

Popular Posts