Collision

I have been beefing up the fighting screen for collision detection, gamepad controls. The enemy now disappears if the player is in an attacking state and colliding with the enemy.

The enemy also disappears from the overworld map now after battle. There is still plenty to do and clean up and I find myself not knowing exactly how to go about it. Enemy artificial intelligence is something I haven't really done yet and don't know how to go about so I will be researching that this week.

 I also want to make this 2DBattleScreen class better encapsulated and reusable. Right now it's got a lot of stuff hard-coded as I am teaching myself this thing called programming. I got spaghetti coding down and am working on ravioli coding now.

I also started drawing some data for debugging purposes such as displaying positions and states. This will help me get collision and state management down and cleaned up. I thought I had it pretty solid but of course I don't. I also haven't started on making my own sprites yet other than the ideas I scribbled down a while ago.


Until next week.

Comments

Popular Posts