Character Select, Big Sprite class

I have added a two player menu entry in the main menu. Selecting this loads a character select screen. Right now it only has three names to choose from. I cleaned up some of the collision detection. I did this by adding a property that exposes the width and height of the animated sprite I'm using. This allowed me to size the rectangles more accurately than using hard coded values.

I created a character portrait in adobe illustrator to practice and get a feel for it. I feel like I don't have the patience I need with it to make it as high quality as I would like. Using a mouse to draw also feels weird still and I seem to struggle with proportions and sizes using it. Sizing of the image seemed hard to figure out correctly. I set it to a certain number of pixels but when I put it in the game it was much larger than that.

I added a song to the battle screen. I got it to start when the battle begins, and when the battle ends it returns to the previous song. I am using the media player class right now because it was easy to set up and get a song playing. I feel like it is a little limited still and was working on getting a new song to play when the maps change.

Until next week.

Comments

Popular Posts