Pause and Main Menu

I have been able to get a main menu and a pause menu up and running.

I imported most of the code from the game state management example from http://xbox.create.msdn.com/en-US/education/catalog/sample/game_state_management

It was pretty easy to implement the tile engine and the AnimatedSprite class. I had to add GameTime into the Handle Input method and all of the overrides for it. Once I did that it animated properly. I had to leave the Graphics Device stuff on the main Game class as the GameplayScreen and the GameScreen could not implicitly convert to pass to the GraphicsDevice which is how the TileEngine works.

Next goal is to clean up extra code laying around related to drawing. I will clean up the "Insert Gameplay Here". Also the character still moves while selecting rows in the menu.

Comments

Popular Posts