Minor breakthrough

Happy Thunderday,

I finally got the map to scroll with the position of the drawn character. I felt so good finally reaching this point even though there is much to go still.

The secret to setting those positions correctly was in one line of code too which I don't know if that makes me feel good or bad yet.

player.Position = TileEngine.PartyLeaderPosition.ScreenPosition;






To help me work on the animation I found a simple tutorial from the site http://www.dreamincode.net/forums/topic/194878-xna-animated-sprite/ which helped me get a better grasp on animating and looping through the animation but it still only cycles through a sprite sheet and not multiple sprites in an array. It helped me start on another game I've called Tristalis.


I also got a windows phone last week and have started working on some apps for that. I have a few ideas that I want to work on and have been looking at some of the tutorials on create.msdn.com.

I feel great about making even a little progress and hope to report more next week.

Comments

Popular Posts