Jan 2018

Greetings. Happy new year and welcome to 2018.

2017 was a pretty awesome year for me. In November Jaywalker VR, a game that I had been helping work on, was finally released. It felt so good to finally ship that game. I worked on it with a close friend named Sam. He has an Oculus rift and a video card to run it, but not a good enough CPU, which I had but not a good enough video card. When it came time to testing it he would bring the video card and headset over and we would install his video card into my PC and hook it up to my TV and we would test it out. It was a fun and great experience.

We also worked on a released an iOS app called Who Dat?: The Celeb Identifier which was a requested app from my wife. She always wanted to know who people were in movies or TV shows she was watching and wished she had a way to just scan their faces somehow and see who they were.

Using XCode was really painful for me. It seemed like the iOS was going through lots of update releases at the time, and to deploy to my iphone I would have to upgrade Xcode and my phone which resulted in several hours of just waiting for downloads and installs to finish. Then when I would pull the code from the repository the folder structure from Sam's machine would not work on mine, so I could make changes but then the folder structure would be wrong on his system. Eventually we just worked from one machine to make it.

This year I'm hoping to release a couple game projects, and maybe a couple apps, just to double my output of last year.

I still run the Unity User Group and brought on a co-organizer Danny in 2017. This helped a lot and allowed us to meet up monthly. We would do a workshop one month and a presentation style meetup the next month. For 2018 we plan to continue this.


Comments

Popular Posts