Tanks Tutorial with son

I went through the Unity Tanks Tutorial with my son. https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/projects/tanks-tutorial

I felt like it would really help him out and give me some knowledge on things I'm not as familiar with. I can tell he really likes to make games and wants to make them. We keep sitting down once a week to try and go through them together. I can tell he struggles with the deeper stuff still and gets bored easily with it.

Tutorials are hit and miss for me when they are video ones but this one had the slides with it. There were only a few parts where we had to watch the videos, the rest was step by step. I wish more tutorials were done this way. Videos are so much harder to search for things for me.

My son loved it, and loves playing it with me. My daughter does too and wants to make games now. I picked up some good knowledge about camera usage that I was looking for. I also dove into the audio mixer which I haven't used before.


Comments

Popular Posts