Unity testing

I finally finished the XNA book. It was great and helped me figure out quite a few things. I need to fix up some intervals and timers for my AI to get it to work right. They actually approached it similar to what I was trying to do and used a random to branch the paths between attack, wander, and idle. I just need to get them to stop switching so fast in Shiny Blade.

I also really picked up Unity some more and have been having a blast using it again. The GUI is nice and the scripting features are great to use. I set it up so Visual Studio opens as the default script editor. Opening any script also opens the Unity Script Reference guide in another tab inside Visual Studio. This has been so helpful for getting to know their API more deeply. I think I may just switch to Unity from here on out. All I hear are good things about it and how fast it is to get a game up and running. XNA has been really good to me though and helped me sharpen my skills. I think I still want to finish Shiny Blade just to have the project done.

It seems like I've been so busy working on all these things but don't have much to show for it this month.  I'm still here and I'm still working.

Comments

Popular Posts