XNA Audio, rumble, and particles.

I've been learning about audio, rumble, particle systems.
Smokey
The particles system is used to make smoke and blood splatters. I was trying to get the final source code updated to XNA 4.0. After working for a while with over 65 errors when trying to build I found some updated source online. They did do a lot of changes similar to what I was doing.

From 2.0 to 4.0 the accessing of save data changed. Rendering and Shading changed also. I hadn't quite gotten to those chapters yet so thought it would be best to use someone's updated source. In fact the book recommends that we start with the final source and just follow along in the book. I discovered that the book was written that way too. Trying to follow along I wouldn't know what variable types some were so I'd have to guess. It worked in most cases but having the full source seems best.


Bloody

Main Menu

So here is the gist of the game: Beat up zombies with a wrench or pistol. Pretty fun and solid game. I plan to keep going through the rest of the book and then get back to shiny blade or start on my next projects.

I recently purchased a new computer. It is very nice to have a dedicated machine of my own with a second monitor.


New machine

Comments

Popular Posts