Vacation is over

I have had two weeks of vacations within the last month. I recently went to Disneyland and on an Alaskan cruise. They were awesome and I got a nice break from everything. I didn't work during those two weeks at all and it was nice and relaxing.

Apart from that I am 169 pages into Silva's book on XNA. I've built a map editor and a character editor. His book hasn't been as easy to follow as I would have liked. It's not perfectly clear everything that is going on but I have been happy to have something to work with and through.

Simple map editor with click and drag and three layers.
Simple character editor that allows individual frames to be built and chained together.

This is first playable part of the game built following the book.
These are all built following the book. It is from 2009 so it's a little old and the XNA framework has some differences now. (like the SpriteBatch.Begin() not needing a blended state alpha parameter) It's been fun to try and work through those and keep working on my skills.

Coming up next is particles, then sound, scripting, AI, and depth (which I'm hoping will help me get Shiny Blade farther) menus, HUD, deployment, postprocessing effects, networking, and some extra design and storage appendices.

It looks like my psn ID card has disappeared as they have closed off public trophy viewing recently. Game wise I  just started Mass Effect 3 and finished Super Metroid.

Comments

Popular Posts