RPG Maker and my first game made in it.



I finished another overworld enemy sprite. I have been trying lots of ideas and thinking things through and studying C# in general. I learned more about implicit and explicit conversions this week. I have gone through several books and pluralsite tutorials. Going back through the book for reference has helped me get more concepts down. I have been trying to think through the enemy behavior and how I want to handle that. I hope to get more done this week.


Recently I saw a game made with RPG maker and it made me want to try it out. I downloaded the free trial and spent about an hour and came up with a small game for my son to play. He thought it was awesome and loved the maps I made for him. I've added a link to the blog here. It's close to 200MB total. Opening it will ask where to extract the files and then copy all the files needed to that location. I could probably clean it up to make it smaller by removing all the stuff I'm not using but I just left it as is. This was made as a fun try it out project in less than an hour. I highly recommend RPG Maker if you are wanting to make a game without having to code much. It really is an impressive tool and makes it really simple to do. To the Moon is the most famous game I have heard of that was made using RPG Maker.

Feel free to try out my game "FirstGo". It's really simple and there are only two spots where you can fight enemies as my son doesn't quite get battles yet. He just likes to explore and wander around the maps so this was perfect for him to play.




Comments

Popular Posts